Who am I? The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
In February 2021 I was interviewed by Anthony Chene, a French film maker. He asked his questions via Zoom from France. My responses were filmed in my apartment in Perth, Australia. Anthony posted a thirty-four minute version of the interview and gave me permission to upload a longer version that would include most of the material we covered.
PAPAJI - "Summa Iru" - Interview by David Godman
In the spring of 1993 Papaji and David Godman sat in the beautiful botanical garden in Lucknow, where Papaji lovingly answered a wide variety of questions.
His answers are sometimes serious, sometimes humorous, but always profound and direct.
The questions to which Papaji replies to are:.
. Why is what you offer not called a teaching? . Are you a guru? . Is there a power, or grace, in your presence that helps people recognise the Self? . Are there any qualifications for enlightenment? . If enlightenment is so easy, why do so few succeed? . Is it necessary to have a Master or a Guru? . Are ecstasy and bliss states of mind?
With English subtitles.
Videos, Books and Audio Cds of Papaji are available in India at Papaji Satsang Bhavan: http://www.satsangbhavan.net/ and in the US and rest of the world at Papaji Avadhuta Foundation: http://avadhuta.com/
David Godman - 2nd Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview
- Be as You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi (Compass)
- No mind, I am the self: The lives and teachings of Sri Lakshmana Swamy and Mathru Sri Sarada
- Living By the Words of Bhagavan: a biography of Annamalai Swami, a close devotee of Sri Ramana Maharshi
- Papaji Interviews: an anthology of interviews that Papaji gave to foreign visitors in the early 1990s
- Nothing Ever Happened(three volumes): a 1,200-page biography of H. W. L. Poonja, also known as ‘Papaji’.
- Final Talks – Annamalai Swami– teaching dialogues between Annamalai Swami and visitors to his ashram, recorded in the last six months of his life.
- The Power of the Presence (Part One)(three volumes): chapter-long accounts by devotees of Sri Ramana Maharshi that record their experiences of living with and being transformed him.
- The Power of the Presence (Part Two)
- The Power of the Presence (Part Three)
- Padamalai: Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi: Recorded by Muruganar
- Ramana Puranam– an edited and annotated 540-line poem that was jointly composed by Ramana Maharshi and Muruganar.
- The Fire of Freedom, Satsang with Papaji (The Fire of Freedom, Volume 1)– dialogues between Papaji and visitors that took place in his Lucknow home in 1991.
- Guru Vachaka Kovai (The Garland of Guru’s Sayings)– a translation of 1,254 verses, recorded in Tamil by Muruganar, that record Ramana Maharshi’s teachings.